Here are a few creative cocktails to help you beat the heat!
Summertime is finally here! The summer brings long days, more sunshine, and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy with family and friends. At Bill’s Package Store, we think there is no feeling quite like the exhaustion that comes with a hot day spent in the Tennessee summer sun. Whether you are enjoying a day at the pool, an afternoon on the porch, or a weekend at the lake, here are some delicious summer cocktails to help keep you cool!
Blackberry Bourbon Smash
Here’s one that our Kentucky neighbors will appreciate. This bourbon based treat is sure to quench your thirst! Yield: 2 servings.
- 3 shots bourbon
- 1.5 shots simple syrup
- 1.5 shots fresh lemon juice
- 4 sprigs mint (plus 2 for garnish)
- 10 blackberries (plus 2 for garnish)
- Muddle mint and blackberries in a shaker.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice, cap and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into two rocks glasses filled with crushed ice and garnish with remaining mint and blackberries.
Recipe by: W&P Design
Berry-licious Iced Tea Red Sangria
We love using fresh berries from the Clarksville downtown market, what better use for such delicious, fresh ingredients? Yield: 12 servings.
- 7 cups Pure Leaf Sweet Tea (about 3 – 18.5 ounce bottles), chilled
- 1 (750 mL) bottle Red Moscato or other sweet red wine, chilled
- 2 cups berry juice, chilled
- 2 lbs. strawberries (hulled and sliced), blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- In a large pitcher, combine tea, wine, and juice. Chill to blend flavors, at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, add fruit to pitcher or divide among glasses. Pour sangria over the fruit. The sangria may be served over ice if desired.
Recipe by: Culinary Hill
Blood Orange Gin Fizz
This is a fresh, trendy take on a classic cocktail. Perfect for gin lovers who also like a drink that is easy on the eyes! Yields 1 drink, but recipe can be easily doubled for two.
- Blood oranges (1-2)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Club soda
- Fresh mint, for garnish
For the rim of the glass
- Zest the blood orange (s) onto a small plate. Add the granulated sugar and mix together. Lightly wet the rim of your glass and then place into the sugar/blood orange zest mixture.
For the cocktail
- Juice the blood orange(s)
- In a cocktail shaker, mix together 1.5 oz blood orange juice, 1.5 oz gin, and 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar.
- Add ice and shake until sugar is dissolved and all ingredients are well combined and cold. Pour into the rimmed glass.
- Add club soda, about 4 oz. Let the drink settle, then add ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a blood orange slice, if desired.
Recipe by: Chez CateyLou
Come visit us at Bill’s Package Store on Ft. Campbell Boulevard where we have all of the wine, bourbon, and gin you’ll need for these amazing cocktails! If you are looking for something specific for a cookout or party this summer, give us a call at 931-647-5566. Let our knowledgeable staff help you find exactly what you need! At Bill’s Package Store we have been “lifting spirits” for almost 50 years. Let us help you kick the summer off right!