Look like a pro bartender at your next party with these tips!
If you’re planning a backyard get together, you’ll want to be all ears for this one! Layered cocktails don’t have to come out once a year for Red, White and Blue drinks… Get your party started with these easy to make cocktails! But be careful! Your cocktails might look so good that you’ll get dubbed the designated bartender for all get-togethers in the future… Just remember to set a tip jar out!
Blood-Red Sangria Cocktail by Tablespoon.com
Sangria Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine – Merlot or Zinfandel
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Strips of orange peel from 1 medium orange (orange part only)
Sangria Martini Cocktail
- Ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 oz) citron (citrus) vodka
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) clear orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) sangria simple syrup, chilled (above)
- 1 dark sweet cherry on a cocktail pick
- To make simple syrup, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, mix sangria simple syrup ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool 30 minutes. Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer; discard solids. Cover and chill sangria syrup until ready to use. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- To make cocktail, fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka and orange liqueur to cocktail shaker; cover and shake. Strain into martini glass. Drizzle sangria syrup into cocktail in glass. Garnish with cherry.
Banana-Orange Sunrise by Tablespoon.com
- 3 cups orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Ice cubes
- Cranberry juice cocktail
Place orange juice, honey and bananas in blender and add ice cubes until mixture measures 6 cups. Next, cover and blend on low speed 30 seconds or until smooth, then, divide juice mixture among 8 glasses. Pour cranberry juice on top and decorate with a sprig of your favorite garnish!
Black and Blue Infused Vodka Cocktail by Tablespoon.com
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- ⅕ vodka
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bag frozen blueberries or blackberries
- Divide fresh fruit between 4 large canning jars. Pour vodka over fruit and, using a long wooden spoon, mash the fruit. Let vodka infuse overnight until it turns a deep purple.
- Strain vodka to remove fruit particles, saving the fruit for garnish if desired. Mix frozen fruit with sugar in a bowl and thaw.
- Add frozen fruit to bottom of cocktail glasses or small canning jars, then pour vodka over the fruit. Garnish with liquored fruit and lemon slices. Add ice and serve!
When you decide to throw your next backyard get together, come see us at Bill’s Package Store for all the ingredients you’ll need to make yourself look like the pro’s at the most popular bars. We’re conveniently located on Ft. Campbell Blvd and also open on Sunday’s from 10am-11pm! From spirits to wine, we’ve got something for everyone…21 and older!