Looking to add some romance to dinner with the one you adore?
Check out these simple and fun cocktail recipes! We think you will LOVE them!
1) Chocolate Mandarin Dream Cocktail by HGTV
When it comes to a romantic dinner, we think the more chocolate the better! Take decadence to the next level with this dreamy concoction!
- 1 1/2 oz mandarin vodka
- 1 oz white chocolate liqueur
- 1/4 oz mandarin liqueur
- 1 tbs. sweet cocoa powder
- 1 tsp dark chocolate shavings
- Orange wedge
- Chocolate candy kiss for garnish
- Rub the orange wedge around the lip of a large chilled martini glass.
- Lightly rim the lip of the glass with cocoa powder.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add vodka, liquor and liqueur.
- Shake well for five to 10 seconds, and pour into a chilled, rimmed martini glass.
- Scatter the chocolate shavings around the top of the drink
- Serve topped with a chocolate candy kiss.
2) French 75 by Liquor.com
Wine is a classic, go-to beverage for a romantic night in, but what if you’re in the mood for something a bit more refreshing? Next time, give this bubbly sipper a try!
- 1/2 oz Lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Simple syrup
- 1 oz Gin
- 3 oz Champagne
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Pour lemon juice, simple syrup and gin into a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top with the Champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
3) The Soul Train by Saveur
Looking to kick it up a notch for a fancy dinner in? Test your culinary skills with this unexpected cocktail combination: tequila and cardamom!
- 25 lightly crushed green cardamom pods
- Cheesecloth and kitchen twine, for steeping
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz of your favorite tequila
- 3⁄4 oz cardamom simple syrup (see ingredients above, directions are coming!)
- 3⁄4 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slice for garnish
For the syrup:
- Wrap cardamom in cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine into a tight packet; set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a 1 qt saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved (2-3 minutes)
- Remove from heat and add cheesecloth packet.
- Let syrup cool completely and chill overnight.
- Remove packet and refrigerate syrup until ready to use.
For the cocktail:
- Combine tequila, cardamom syrup, and juices in an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake well and strain into a rocks glass with 1 large cube.
- Garnish with lime slice.
Any evening at home can be made extra special with the addition of a romantic cocktail! Come see us at Bill’s Package Store to find ingredients for the romantic cocktail recipes above and many more. Does all of this shaking, mixing, and garnishing sound like too much fuss? Don’t worry, we have you covered in the wine department for a more simple evening as well! Check out more blogs for further cocktail inspiration, or come chat with one of our knowledgeable staff members on Ft. Campbell Blvd. today!