The month of May means that summer is quickly approaching! What better way to cool down on a hot (probably humid) day in Tennessee than to kick back with a classic that can be served frozen or on the rocks? Here at Bill’s Package Store, we have a hard time saying no to a good margarita!
Who says the Cinco de Mayo celebrations have to stop on May 5? Here are some easy margaritas to keep the fun going all summer long!
Classic Marg on the Rocks
There is nothing quite like a lime margarita served over ice to say “summer”. Try this recipe to nail your margarita mixing game!
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila (100% agave is highly recommended!)
- 1 1/2 oz. triple sec or Cointreau
- 1 to 1 1/4 oz. of fresh lime juice
- Crushed ice for mixing, cubes (rocks) for serving
- Salt for the rim of the glass
- Slice of lime (optional for garnish)
- Add all liquids to a cocktail shaker with crushed ice.
- Shake well with cracked ice until the exterior frosts.
- Salt rim of glass, using a technique like this.
- Strain liquid mixture into a rimmed glass, over rocks.
- Add a slice of lime as a garnish.
Yields 1 serving.
Recipe by bon appetit
Delicious Frozen Margarita
Do you prefer your margs frozen? No problem! Follow these easy steps for the perfect frozen margarita.
- 1 1/2 oz. white tequila
- 1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. superfine granulated sugar
- 1 oz. orange-flavored liqueur – triple sec or Cointreau
- 5 ice cubes
- Slice of lime for garnish
- Rim your margarita glass with salt.
- Chill the glass in the freezer for a few minutes.
- In a blender, blend the ingredients, including the ice cubes, for 30 seconds.
- Pour into the glass.
- Add a slice of lime for garnish.
Yields 1 Serving.
Recipe by Food Network
Easy Strawberry Margarita
Some people love the idea of a margarita but aren’t crazy about the classic lime flavor. If this sounds like you, give this simple strawberry margarita recipe a try!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, whole
- 6 oz. tequila
- 1/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Extra strawberries for garnish
- Place four 8 oz. glasses in freezer.
- Place strawberries, tequila, limeade concentrate, and triple sec in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add ice and blend until liquid is smooth.
- Serve immediately in chilled glasses.
- Garnish with extra strawberries.
Yields 4 servings.
Recipe by Martha Stewart
Margaritas are so easy, yummy, and versatile! They can be made in many flavors in batches to serve a party or in individual serving sizes for one! Come see us at Bill’s Package Store for the perfect tequila and other ingredients to mix the best marg on the block! Our helpful staff on Ft. Campbell Blvd is ready to assist with all of your cocktail making needs. From spirits to wine, we have you covered.