Sometimes the most creative way people drink wine is by pouring it into a stemless glass. People often forget how delicious wine can be as an ingredient in cocktails. Everyone is familiar with the most popular, versatile, and downright tasty wine cocktail… Sangria. Well, we want to take you beyond Sangria to a few inventive cocktails that will hit the spot in a way you didn’t even know you were craving.
The first, El Draque,
is a lower alcohol content take on a Mojito. Refreshing, not too, sweet and low enough in alcohol content you’ll want more than one (and you won’t feel bad about it!). – Recipe from Damon Gravina of Ardesia
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 to 8 mint leaves
- 5 ounces dry white wine
- Muddle ginger and sugar in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add mint, ice, and white wine, shake well.
- Pour into rocks glass unstrained.
Next, The Paysan,
has a little more of a kick from the liqueur Chambord. This one is perfect for a dinner party or brunch because it’s easiest to make by the pitcher. Mix this up and watch how quickly that pitcher is empty again. – Recipe from Food & Wine Test Kitchen
- 16 ounces fruity red wine, preferably Pinot Noir
- 8 ounces cranberry juice
- 4 ounces fresh orange juice
- 4 ounces Chambord
- 3 ounces chilled Sprite
- Zest ribbons from a Lemon, Lime, and Orange
- In a pitcher, combine the wine, juices and Chambord
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Stir well and pour into ice-filled white wine glasses.
- Top each drink with 1/2 ounce Sprite and garnish with the zests.
Our final drink, The San Francisco Sangaree,
is our favorite of the bunch. At Bill’s we are always partial to Bourbon, so of course this wins. Complex flavors and an extra bourbon kick make this the perfect treat at a cocktail hour. – Recipe from Elixir for Cosmopolitan
- 4 cherries
- ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 1 ½ oz Merlot
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1 lemon wedge
- Muddle cherries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, simple syrup, Merlot, Bourbon, and the lemon wedge.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass
For more cocktail inspiration visit Bill’s Buzz on our website or stop by our store at 1651 Fort Campbell Blvd Clarksville, TN 37042 and chat with us about the perfect drink for any occasion. Bill’s Package Store offers superior quality, top-shelf brands of your favorite liquors at the lowest prices in Clarksville, TN.Tags: alcoholic drinks with wine, Bill’s Package Store, Bill’s Package Store Hours, champagne and wine drink, clarksville, clarksville tn, Clarksville Tn Liquor store hours, drinks with sparkling white wine, easy wine cocktails, fizzy wine cocktails, Fort Campbell, Fort Campbell Liquor Store, homemade cocktail, Liquor Store, Liquor Store Hours, Liquor Store near me, mixed drinks, red wine and champagne, red wine cocktails, summertime wine, Tennessee, white wine, white wine cocktails, white wine cocktails recipes, Wine cocktails, wine cocktails for summer, wine cocktails recipes, wine cocktails without liquor, wine drink recipes, wine mix drink, wine pairing, Wine Store