How to make yummy frozen Alcoholic popsicles to celebrate the summer!
If the oppressive summer heat is starting to get to you, we have the perfect solution. Make one of these yummy popsicle cocktails and beat the heat with a delicious (alcoholic) treat! From wine and fruit, to a gin & tonic on a stick these treats are sure to revive any group of hot sweaty revelers.
Mint Julep Popsicles
Ingredients: (makes 8 – 10 popsicles):
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 1 cup mint
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- In a medium saucepan add sugar and water over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar completely dissolves.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and add the fresh mint. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, lightly muddle the mint. Let steep until the mixture has cooled to room temperature (approx. 45 minutes). Once cooled, strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add the bourbon and stir to combine, then pour into popsicle molds.
- Place in the freezer. After about 45 minutes add your popsicle sticks. Keep in the freezer until frozen solid.
- Once the popsicles have frozen and you’re ready to enjoy, carefully remove them from the molds.
Recipe by: Honestly Yum
White Sangria Popsicles
- ¾ cup White Grape Juice
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon Sauvignon Blanc wine
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1 medium White Nectarine, halved then thinly sliced into wedges (1/8 inch thick)
- 15 small-medium Rainier Cherries, cut in half, pit removed
- 20 small Green Table Grapes (sweet), sliced in half
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; allow to sit for a minimum 2 hours up to overnight (if steeping longer than 2 hours, cover and place in the refrigerator).
- Separate fruit and divide evenly between popsicle molds. (don’t overfill with fruit)
- Pour liquid into popsicle molds and freeze several hours or overnight until fully frozen.
- Run molds under hot water for a few seconds to release popsicles. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Boulder Locavore
Gin & Tonic Popsicles
- 3 cups of tonic water
- 2 oz of gin
- Juice of half a lime
- Cut very thin slices of cucumber.
- Gently stir the rest of the ingredients together.
- Place the cucumber slices in a popsicle tray.
- Pour liquid mixture over the cucumber slices into the molds.
- Place full popsicle mold into the freezer and leave them for at least 12 hours.
- When they are completely frozen, carefully remove them from the molds and serve!
Recipe by: Narcity
There is nothing like a cool treat on a hot day, and adding alcohol can only make them more delicious. When you serve these at a party make sure to have plenty of other drink options available for your guests, along with plenty of water. If you need more inspirations for drinks any season of the year, make sure you visit Bill’s Buzz! Once you have your recipes all picked out, stop by Bill’s Package Store for your ingredients. If wine is more your thing ask one of our experienced staff to help you find your favorites!