June means that summer is officially here, and summer is the perfect time to sip refreshing drinks on the patio with friends!
What is the best way to celebrate the official start of summer? Sharing a cocktail on the patio with family and friends sounds like a great idea! There are so many options when it comes to delicious summer cocktails, it is hard to choose! Come see us at Bill’s Package Store for ingredients for all of these patio-worthy cocktails and many more!
Watermelon Tequila Cocktail
Nothing says summer quite like watermelon. Check out this easy recipe to keep you refreshed!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- On the stove, bring water and sugar to a simmer until sugar is dissolved. Let mixture cool.
- Use a blender to puree watermelon until smooth. Strain to extract as much juice as possible and discard the pulp.
- Combine sugar syrup, mint leaves, lime juice, and berries in a large pitcher. Then add watermelon juice and tequila and stir. Chill 2 hours.
- Pour into tall, ice-filled glasses. Garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy on a patio near you!
Recipe by Food and Wine
Strawberry Basil Bourbon Lemonade
Classic strawberry lemonade gets a grown-up makeover in this simple recipe! This cocktail is great for when you are expecting company.
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. bourbon
- 1 c. ice-cold water
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. bitters
- 12 basil leaves
- 8 Basil sprigs
- Using a blender or food processor, puree strawberries in ¼ cup water.
- In a small saucepan, bring pureed mixture and 1 ¾ cups water to a low boil.
- Add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. (About 30 minutes)
- Strain, discard pulp, and allow mixture to chill at least 1 hour.
- In a large pitcher, combine syrup, bourbon, water, lemon juice, and bitters; stir for 1 minute.
- Add basil. Stir to combine.
- Strain into tall glasses filled with ice. Garnish with basil.
Recipe by Country Living
This delicious cocktail uses everyone’s favorite summertime wine, Rosé! Check out this patio sipper that really keeps it classy.
- 2 c. rosé, divided
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 c. frozen raspberries
- 1/2 c. fresh raspberries
- Mint, for serving
- Combine 1 cup Rosé and sugar in a small saucepan. Boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a blender combine frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup Rosé syrup until smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about an hour.
- Scoop small portions of this frozen mixture into champagne flutes. Top with more Rosé.
- Add fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint to garnish.
Recipe by Delish
When it comes to summer cocktails, the sky is truly the limit! Why not host a weekly patio-party and try several this summer? At Bill’s Package Store on Fort Campbell Blvd in Clarksville, we have an incredible selection of tequila, bourbon, and wines that are perfect for these recipes and many more! With unmatched service, our knowledgeable staff will be able to answer any questions you may have for crafting the perfect cocktail. At Bill’s Package Store, we are here to help you prep for all of your patio sipping needs this summer!Tags: basil bourbon lemonade, Bill’s Package Store, Bourbon, bourbon cocktail, bourbon lemonade, clarksville, clarksville tn, Clarksville Tn Liquor store hours, cocktail, easy wine cocktails, Fort Campbell, Fort Campbell Liquor Store, homemade cocktail, Liquor Store, patio cocktails, Spirits, summertime wine, Tennessee, Tequila, tequila drinks