Warmer weather is here and it’s time for frozen drinks.
Try these recipes you can make and freeze at home to have ready for a spring bash!
There really is nothing better on a hot summer evening than a frozen cocktail. Sometimes you want a frozen drink, but don’t feel like hitting up a restaurant for margaritas. Still, who wants to make frozen drinks and go through the hassle of using a blender? It ends up being a mess all over the counters and a big task to clean out the pitcher. With that in mind, we wanted to share some of our favorite recipes for blenderless frozen cocktails! These delicious fruity cocktails are make-ahead freezer recipes that you can pull out for the perfect hassle-free cocktail hour!
No Blender Frozen Modern Margarita – recipe by Cheri Loughlin, The Intoxicologist
2 ounces Blanco Tequila
1-1/4 ounce Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
1 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 ounce Premium Orange Liqueur
1/4 ounce Agave Syrup
1 ounce Bottled Water
Combine liquids in freezer safe container. Stir. Seal container. Freeze until ready to use. Mixture will freeze mostly solid within 4 to 5 hours depending upon how cold your freezer gets. Remove from freezer when ready to drink. Allow to slightly thaw for a few minutes. Shake to mix up contents. Pour into salt or sugar rimmed glass if desired. Garnish with lime wedge.
Bourbon Slush- recipe by Kat Kinsman, Tasting Table
9 cups water, divided
3 black tea bags
2 cups sugar
12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
2 cups bourbon
2 liters ginger ale, chilled, for serving
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of the water to a boil . Add the tea bags and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- In a large container, combine the brewed tea, lemonade and orange juice concentrates, remaining water and bourbon.
- Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 to 6 hours or preferably overnight until the slush is firm all the way through.
- Scoop the bourbon slush into a tumbler glass, top with ginger ale and serve.
Adult Hawaiian Punch Slush – recipe by Sharon, All Recipes
2 (14 ounce) cans cream of coconut
3 (6 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
1 (46 fluid ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
1 (750 milliliter) bottle vodka
2 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a plastic container combine cream of coconut, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice and vodka. Mix well and store overnight in the freezer.
- To serve, place 2 scoops in a glass, then fill the glass with lemon-lime soda.
These homemade, slushy, no-blender frozen cocktails will hit the spot and be a hit with your guests. Not only are they easy to make, but you can have them ready-made and keep them in the freezer to be pulled out at a moment’s notice! Make sure you stop by Bill’s Package Store for all or you spirits so you can get freezing! Bill’s Package store is conveniently located at 1651 Fort Campbell Blvd. Clarksville, TN 37042 across from Planet Fitness. Be sure to visit our Website for Bill’s Package Store Hours and to find out about all of our new products!