Bill’s Package Store believes that whether you like it neat, shot with a lime, or in a Margarita, Tequila is easily enjoyed in many situations.
What is Tequila?
Tequila is made from the core of the agave plant. It is produced by steaming the agave in industrial ovens before being distilled two or three times in copper pots.
There are many types of Tequila:
- Unaged, full of agave flavor
- Basically a hybrid mixed with coloring to make it seem aged
- Meaning “rested” – aged in wood barrels for 2 months to under a year
- Aged between 1 and 3 years
- Extra Anejo:
- A newer category, aged over 3 years
Here is the recipe for the best Margarita
- 1 ¾ oz tequila
- 1 oz lime juice
- ¾ Triple Sec
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin
- Add ice to small shaker tin
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass with a salt rim over fresh ice
- Garnish with lime and enjoy!
What about the worm?
“The Worm” actually belongs in a bottle of Mezcal, Tequila’s huskier, smokier cousin. The worm itself is actually a moth larva called a gusano de maguey since it feeds off the maguey plant. It’s an old-school myth that started as a marketing ploy to get people to drink more mezcal back in the ’40s and ’50s when it got popular in America. Mexicans never drank mezcal with a worm but Americans bought it, hook, line, and sinker.
Bill’s Package Store suggests these brands of tequila:
You can check out these brands along with a slew of other great tequilas, wines, and spirits when you stop in at Bill’s Package Store.
We offer superior quality, top-shelf brands of your favorite liquors and wine at the lowest prices in Clarksville, TN. Call (931) 647-5566 or visit us at 1651 Fort Campbell Blvd Clarksville, TN, 37042.