Make the most of the last days of summer with a classic Mojito. Bill’s Package Store provides the recipe for this iconic Cuban cocktail
The Mojito originated in Havana, Cuba, and is on the International Bartender Association’s (IBA) official cocktail list.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh mint
- 3 mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Lime juice
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) Simple syrup
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) white rum
- 4 ounces (½ cup) soda water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the lime juice and syrup.
- Add the rum and fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until cold.
- Place ice into a glass, and strain in the liquid. Top off the glass with soda water. Garnish with additional mint leaves.
- Southside Cocktail
- A classic cocktail similar to a mojito that uses gin instead of rum
- Southside Fizz
- It’s like a combination of a Tom Collins and a mojito
- Brazil’s national drink. Made with cachaca and lime.
- Gin Gin Mule
- It’s like a Moscow mule plus a minty mojito with gin.
A Mojito is always fun and festive, perfect for parties and entertaining. It’s a great summer drink for:
- Bridal or bachelorette parties
- Girls night out
- Happy hour
- Dinner parties
You can check out these brands along with a slew of other great wines, and spirits when you stop in at Bill’s Package Store.
We offer superior quality, top-shelf brands of your favorite liquors and wine at the lowest prices in Clarksville, TN. Call (931) 647-5566 or visit us at 1651 Fort Campbell Blvd Clarksville, TN, 37042.