Have you tried spicing up your dishes with a little extra kick by using your favorite wine or spirit?
Bill’s Package Store has a few recipes to add some flavor to your cooking!
For a really juicy bird, try brining it in this mixture:
- 12 cups water divided
- ½ cup Bourbon*
- ⅓ cup kosher salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 (14 lb) whole fresh or frozen turkey, thawed
- *Bill’s Package Store recommends Jim Beam Bourbon.
- Bring 4 cups water, bourbon, salt, honey, and bay leaves to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until salt dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place brine and remaining 8 cups of water in a brining bag.
- Add turkey to brine.
- Refrigerate 18 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cook turkey as you normally would.
- Brush the skin with water and honey each time you rotate for a deeply bronzed look.
Spirit-infused Thanksgiving sides
- Add brandy* to kick up the flavor of cream-based pan sauces
- Brandy also pairs well with fruit desserts
- *Bill’s Package Store recommends Paul Masson Brandy.
- Use a splash of vodka* to add brightness and balance to traditional tomato and cream-based pasta sauces.
- Simmer rum* with sugar, salt, and lime to make a tangy sweet sauce.
- *Bill’s Package Store recommends Smirnoff Vodka.
- *Bill’s Package Store recommends Bacardi Rum.
Keep pie dough moist!
- Vodka is the secret ingredient to making dough moist and easy to knead.
- The alcohol prevents the dough from drying out or becoming overworked.
- The vodka cooks out entirely when the pie is baked.
Happy Holidays from Bill’s Package Store!
If you have a question about wine or any of our spirits, please ask one of our knowledgeable staff.
At Bill’s Package Store, we offer superior quality, top-shelf brands of your favorite liquors and wine at the lowest prices in Clarksville, TN. Call (931) 647-5566 or visit us at 1651 Fort Campbell Blvd Clarksville, TN.Tags: Bill’s Package Store, Bill’s Package Store Hours, Bourbon, clarksville, clarksville tn, Fort Campbell, Honey Bourbon Turkey, Thanksgiving